Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Disney Haul 1



One of my favorite things to collect or find good deals are Disney items. I really just love to look at their new products (especially the dolls, which I don’t own any of, but am so fascinated by), but every so often I add something new to my collection. I especially love items that are a bit more “grown up” that I can wear or incorporate into my life more subtly than some of the kid-centered items. I especially like finding items featuring characters or movies that aren’t as commonly found. 

Something about Disney products, especially those at the Disney Parks or Disney Store, are that they can be quite spendy. During the past few weekends though I have found some great deals on different Disney items. For this first haul, (for the first time ever) I had some Hot Cash to redeem at Hot Topic. The cash is for $15 off a $30 purchase, and I found a few awesome items to use it on!


Jungle Book Wallet: $14.50
I had been using a bigger coin purse to store my cards and cash, which wasn’t the most useful. When I saw this, I thought it would be perfect to probably store everything in my purse. Plus, the Jungle Book them was awesome considering the fantastic new movie and that it is a film that isn’t seen as often on merchandise. The image of Baloo and Mowgli is one of the best parts of the film, and I really like the green jungle pattern that is embossed on the back.







Peter Pan Makeup Bag: $5.99 (originally $9.50)
What I liked most about this bag was the image of the map, which features Never Never Land. I have always liked drawings of maps, and being Disney themed, it was even more awesome! Peter Pan is not one of my favorite Disney movies, but I do like that it is a less-commonly found character





Princess Emoji Stickers: $5.50
These stickers seemed great for my planner and notebook. There are two styles, with three pages of each style. There are 250 stickers total, so they should last a while!





Big Hero 6 Pin: $3.50
I love Big Hero 6, especially the scenes where Baymax is acting as a healthcare companion, instead of a superhero. This pin represents the questions he asks when caring for a patient. Looking at it makes me wish Baymax was real and could be my companion.



Mystery Pins: $2.50 each
I love mystery items, even though there is always the risk of getting duplicates if you get more than one. I chose one Disney Princess pin (which had 12 available options) and one Star Wars pin (which had 14 available options). I was quite happy with the results (plus the princess ones were sparkly!). I received one with a group image of the princesses and one with Yoda.






A few days later I went back to Hot Topic and bought a couple more things I had eyed during my first shopping trip that I figured I should buy while they were still available.

Ariel Wallet: $9.99 (originally $16.50)
After getting the Jungle Book wallet, I obviously didn’t need another, but I was so happy with the first wallet that I figured having another one would be good. I can switch them out, keep one in another of my purses, or use it for traveling. This Little Mermaid themed wallet’s original cost was even more than the Jungle Book wallet, but on sale, it was a good price. The inside is exactly the same as the other, but the outside does not have a pattern. The main image features pastel colors and a shiny hologram finish. It is really quite pretty! It also features the phrase “wandering free”, which is sung in Ariel’s signature song, “Part of Your World”.




Up Keychain: $8.50
Up is one of my favorite movies in general, and so this keychain seemed to awesome to pass up. While the price was more than I would have liked, I thought I would regret not getting it if I did pass on it. I am going to hang it on my bulletin board in my bedroom!




Mystery Pin: $2.50
I tried one more of these pins and got one that featured Snow White and Jasmine. These are so fun!




Little Mermaid Coin Purse: $6.50
With my new wallets, I wanted something to secure my coins and easily access them. This seemed perfect (and I snagged the last one!). I like that the material is plastic, since coins so easily get fabric dirty. The front illustration of Ariel is so pretty, and the back features some shells as well as the phrase "let your dreams sing."





I am really happy with my purchases, and I thought overall everything was a good price. That Hot Cash definitely came in handy and allowed me to get a few things that I maybe wouldn’t have paid full price for. Tomorrow I will share some different Disney tops I have accumulated lately at an excellent price!



No comments:

Post a Comment