Monday, July 11, 2016

Disney (Mini) Haul 3


Last week I went to a place I hadn’t been to for a while: The Disney Store. I made a special trip to the store looking for a few newly released items. On my list of items to to check out were some Monster’s Inc. Tsum Tsums, Finding Dory plushes, an entire Beauty and The Beast line, and new items in their Animator’s Collection. 

While I didn’t get anything from the Beauty and the Beast items (which was hard, Belle is one of my favorites!), I enjoyed looking at the pieces and thoroughly made sure to check everything out. The items included plushes, doll sets, a talking Mrs.Potts tea set, a wallet, a compact mirror, and “Art of Belle” women’s tops. The line is to celebrate the September release of the film as a Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray Combo Pack. It will be the film’s 25th anniversary as well. Since I was born the year of this film, I always feel a particular connection to it and I am already anxiously awaiting what products Disney will release when the live action film comes out next March!

I spent quite a while in the store looking at everything, and here is what I ended up buying...


Baby Dory Plush: $9.98
Ever since the opening scene in Finding Dory, I knew I needed a baby Dory in my life. I was so excited to see on the Disney website that they were selling something featuring her (there should be more though, she is so darn cute!). When I arrived at the store, I was dissappointed because there were were no baby Dorys to be found. As I was getting in line at the checkout buying my other items though, I saw an employee wheeling a cart out of the storeroom. I saw a few bags on top with giant purple eyes looking out, so I gasped and quickly ran over. The employee happily handed me baby Dory and she was just as adorable as I had hoped! Her big eyes are perfect and she is very soft. This plush is definitely a good item to have around the house for whenever you have a bad day, because she is so perfectly cute and soft.





Boo in Costume and Roz Tsum Tsums: $5.98
I'm not a big collector of Tsum Tsums, but Monster's Inc. is one of my favorite films. When I saw that this line was coming out, I immediately had my eye on this Boo and Roz. Boo in her costume is so unique and it is really quite nice in person. This Tsum Tsum has more detail than most, including the purple fabric on the costume which is shiny and smooth. I also bought Roz, because she is also such a uncommon character to find. She is quite cute, with her glasses and white hair. Near the bottom of the plush, she even has her little mole! Both will be a great addition to the other Mike/Sully items I own and will fit nicely on my bookshelf.





Disney Animators’ Collection Mug: $14.98
I have been ogling all of the Animators' Collection dolls for quite a while now, and as much as I wish I could be a kid again and play with them, I am 24 years old now and don't really need or have space for dolls in my life. I was so thrilled to find this mug though, because I can finally justify buying something from this line. The sketches are absolutely adorable and the mug is very sturdy/well made. The contrasting blue color inside is also a nice touch. I also love that it features Pocahontas, Jasmine, and Rapunzel, since I find that those princesses are a bit harder to find on items. The new items in the line also featured a sketchbook, drink bottles, a phone case,  figure play sets, children’s luggage, and clothing for children. I hope Disney continues expanding this line and features a few more “adult” items that I would be able to buy (there was a child’s size Snow White sweatshirt I wanted so badly!). I would also love another mug with more of the princesses!







No comments:

Post a Comment