Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Disneyland 2017 Haul


After sharing my recent Disney-themed Travels as well as a Disney World Haul, I wanted to also share what I picked up at Disneyland. Since I had been to Disney World so close to my trip to Disneyland, I really didn’t have much in mind of what I would want to purchase. I really don’t have much room for too many knick knacks or collectables, so I was hoping my eye wouldn’t catch too much. I mostly wanted to find a few souvenirs you could only get at Disneyland, which I don’t have much of from my other trips there, and ended up with a couple items I was really pleased with.

Outside the Park
Rocket Raccoon Plush: (Disney Studio Store in Hollywood) $7.98 (was $19.95)
I did not need this Rocket plush, but his soft little hands were too much for me. As my mom and I poked around the area a bit before our showing of A Goofy Movie at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, we stopped at the Disney Studio Store. I was looking around when a shelf of these caught my eye and I scurried over. Interestingly enough, I saw these exact same plushes (except with a “Disney Parks” tag instead of “Disney Store”) at the Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout shop as you exit the ride. The other difference beside the tag? The price was $24.99.



El Capitan Pins: (Disney Studio Store in Hollywood) $6.95 each
I went into the Studio Store in the hopes that they would have some sort of pin available. Each month this shop releases a lot of pricey limited release pins, as well as a “Pin Trader’s Delight” alongside a Ghirardelli ice cream sundae. I didn’t expect much going in, but walked away with two pins. The first is a general pin displaying a name of the theatre, and the other is a pin with Russell from Up with a bag of popcorn. I had been looking for a good pin with Russell on it for a while, and was pretty pleased with this. 


El Capitan Popcorn Bucket: (El Capitan Theatre) Came with $25.00 combo ticket
I don’t really have a purpose for this bucket, but I thought it would be a nice souvenir to take home. While the popcorn that came in it didn’t have that Disney Parks flavor (which is my favorite popcorn, as I am usually not very impressed with movie theatre popcorn), I hadn’t ate yet that day, so I quickly gobbled it down through tears of seeing A Goofy Movie on the big screen.


Goofy Pin: (Random Hollywood shop near the theater) $6.99
We popped into a random shop near the theatre, which was naturally filled with very cheesy “Hollywood” themed items. My mom was looking for a small compact mirror she could put in her purse after she forgot to pack one for the trip, and we ended up with a keychain and this Goofy pin instead. This pin felt perfect to get to commemorate our Goofy-themed day.

Donut Magnet: (Walgreens on Harbor Blvd. near Disneyland) $2.99
Who doesn’t need a donut-themed Disney magnet? I’m a sucker for food-themed things. 



Disneyland
Disneyland Castle Magnet: (found all around the parks) $6.99
Speaking of magnets, I may have gone a little crazy. I first picked up this Sleeping Beauty castle magnet, since I don’t really have much that specifically says “Disneyland.” I love the colors of this and you can’t really go wrong with the castle.


Goofy Magnet: (found all around the parks) $6.99
Next, after picking up a Mike Wazowski and Woody version of this at Disney World, I felt like the Goofy one was a must given that we traveled across the country to attend a movie all about him and his son. I wish they sold Max Goof magnets (or Max Goof anything) to go alongside this. I love how 3D it is as it really looks like he is popping out of my fridge (which actually sounds a bit scary, but trust me, it is cute).


Disney Dogs Frame Magnet: (found all around the parks) $9.99
I have considered purchasing this magnet frame for close to three years now and finally went for it. Owning a dog, the Disney dogs pretty easily steal my heart. I love that this frame fits in quite a few different characters. The Oliver and Company representation in particular is awesome, since that is a pretty rare find. I could have used Bolt, Doug from Up, or more of the 101 Dalmatians, but this is a nice find for Disney fans and dog owners. 


Art Postcards: (WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney) $4.95 each
I don’t have any recollection of the WonderGround Gallery during my last visit to the area, so I was excited to finally check it out and compare it to the Disney World version. My conclusion was that this version was vastly superior. The store is much larger, meaning a bigger selection, and allows for a bit more room to browse. In Disney World the shop is in the Marketplace Co-op,  which houses quite a few specialty Disney categories, so it really isn’t its own proper store. I was really excited to pick up the Matterhorn Bobsled and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad postcards (both created by Ben Burch), because I had never seen them before. I really like ride-specific items, and both of these rides don’t normally have too much available to purchase. I had seen the Disneyland icons image before (created by Jerrod Maruyama), and was excited to pick it up while it was still available. Even though they are by two different artists, I felt like the three postcards looked pretty nice together, especially with the blue, yellow, and purple colors in the background. Finally, I also picked up the Peter Pan image (created by Joey Chou), because I just loved the London scene and the dark blue that sets the night-time scene works well in my room.



Disneyland Pin Pack: (found all around the parks) $14.99 
After starting to grow my Disney pin collection, I felt like this box was necessary. I love the designs of these pins, much more than the more Disney World specific boxes. I ended up with Pirates of The Caribbean and the Matterhorn Bobsleds, but it was a pretty fool-proof pack for me.



Mickey Disneyland Balloon Pin: (found all around the parks) $11.99
I usually stay away from too many items with words or locations on them when it comes to pins or designs, but I thought this would be a nice general and classic pin to own. 



Disneyland Entrance Sign Keychain: (found all around the parks)  $8.99
I love this entrance sign that welcomes you to the park, and so to have a mini version of it is very cool. Instead of using it as a keychain, I am putting it on my bulletin board because I think this might break easily if used a lot.


Disneyland Mug: (found all around the parks) $13.99
I saw this mug available a long time ago, but figured it wasn’t in stock anymore. I found it in a shop in Frontierland and felt it would be a perfect addition to my mini Disney mug collection. Other than this one, the other three Disney mugs I own have a pastel-look to them, so this fits in nicely. My favorite image is Goofy with the Matterhorn Yeti.




Country Bear Jamboree Jug: (Hungry Bear restaurant in Frontierland) $9.99 (comes with soda in or out of the jug)
As a huge Country Bears fan, I couldn’t pass up this jug. Have I found a place or purpose for it yet? No, but it does bring me such joy. I wish they sold the graphic on other items, but considering this attraction is long gone from Disneyland, it is awesome to even find anything but a few remnants around Critter Country. 




Pressed Coins: (found all around the parks) 51 cents per penny and $1 per quarter
I can’t go to the Disney Parks without picking up a few pressed pennies, and was happy to see they now had some pressed quarters as well. I was most excited to get a few Guardians ones to go along with the old Tower of Terror ones I have. 



Silhouette and Hidden Mickey Frame: (Main Street U.S.A.) $9 per silhouette and $18.99 frame
I saved this for last because it is my favorite item. I previously described how special an experience getting this silhouette was and I think it is probably one of my favorite things I have picked up on any trip. I do wish my hair didn’t have a rounded lump in the back though, but we can blame Splash Mountain for messing up the ‘do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment