Thursday, September 18, 2014

Outfit Planning Hangers



Starting in pre-school, my mom helped me plan my outfits for each day the night before. I continued this as I grew up and began to pick out my own outfits. Since the days are so busy, and the evenings at home go so quickly, I find it easiest to plan out what I am going to wear for the entire week. This allows me to really think about what I am going to wear and better mix and match items. If I didn’t do this, I think I would be rushing around in the morning and indecisively trying to choose something. I made these hangers a few years ago to help me organize for the week. Here is how I made them.


What You’ll Need:
• 7 hangers
• Wide ribbon
• Acrylic paint
• Glitter glue
• Scissors 
• Small paint brush
• Pinking shears
• Acrylic glue

Directions:
1. Cut seven pieces of ribbon about 6 inches in length. I also used pinking shears on each end to prevent fraying.

2. About 1/2 inch down from the top of the ribbon, cut a slit about 1 inch long. This is how the ribbon will fit onto the hanger.

3. Underneath the slit, using the paint to spell out the letters of each day onto the ribbon. You could use a pencil to create a slight outline before painting. I abbreviated the days of the week to fit it more simply and allow for fewer chance of error.

4. Allow the paint to dry.

5. After the paint is dry on the letters, use the paint and glitter glue to add any additional designs you want. Allow to dry again.

6. On the slit and ends of ribbon, brush a very little amount of glue to prevent fraying.

7. Once completely dry, place the ribbons over the hangers and begin to use!


Here are some photos of the final product:






There are obviously many ways to make this project, but overall the project is very simple to complete. Patterned ribbon, stencils, stitching, and other add-ons are just some of the ways to change it up. I usually pick out my clothes on Sunday. It really does make each morning go by so much easier knowing your best outfit is already waiting in your closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment