Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



This is my favorite pumpkin recipe that my mom has made for me since I was a little girl. Each year when school started, I would think about these muffins and knew it was soon time for the pumpkin to come out and these muffins to be mixed together. I waited excitedly to experience the mini chocolate chips flowing through the pumpkin mixture, which created the best after-school snack. It wasn’t until I was older that I realized just how easy these muffins are, which makes them even better. Every year I still ask to make them with my mom, and it is one of my favorite traditions! 


What You’ll Need:
 2 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2- 16 oz. can pumpkin
• 3/4 cup oil
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pan: Muffin tin
Yield: Approximately 16 muffins
Oven prep: Bake at 400˚

Directions:
1. Using a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth.

2. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.

3. Slowly add the mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir well, until all clumps are dissolved. 

4. Fold in the chocolate chips.

5. Line the muffin tin with muffin cups. Pour the mixture into the cups about 3/4 full.



6. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.

7. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.


Here are some photos of the final product:










No comments:

Post a Comment