Saturday, April 30, 2016

Photo of the Week: Macaron Miracle


Earlier this spring, I finally accomplished my goal of baking a macaron. A few years ago I ordered a kit and a few books and was determined to make them. I knew they would be a bit tricker than most of the things I bake, but I was ready and felt that if I did it very carefully, it would work out. It did not. Frustrated, I gave it a whole year before I tried again, but this time I read more and looked for tips. It actually worked! For me, the key things that ended up making the whole process work was to weigh the ingredients (I bought a very cheap scale at Walmart) and to make sure to give the macarons a lot of time to dry out before baking (the tops need to harden enough so they are not sticky anymore when touched). The finished product was a chocolate macaron with cherry almond buttercream in the center!


No comments:

Post a Comment