Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wet n Wild Summer 2016 Collection Walgreens Haul


When I think of the Wet n Wild brand, I think of my grandma. As a young girl, whenever I would visit her, I would want to try on her bright pink Wet n Wild lipstick. She would put in on whenever we would go out, and I would beg her to let me put it on as well. I felt so special in it, and I thought the pink was so memorable because it was so bold, and I didn’t know anyone else that used such a fun color. My mom has always used raisins and browns colors (which is also my go-to now that I am older), but the memory of that pink lipstick is something that always makes me smile. I can still remember the smell of the formula when she handed it to me and how I tried to put it on evenly, watching my nude lips transform as I held her compact mirror, and handing it back to her while rubbing my lips together. I remember her being sad when they discontinued the color she always bought, and I haven’t noticed her wearing pink lipstick as often, but it is something that I will always remember about her from when I was a child.

I went to Walgreens last weekend and saw their display for Wet n Wild’s Summer 2016 “Lost in the Wild Flowers Collection”. The colors and packaging caught my attention, and the prices were also appealing as well! With my grandma’s special pink color in mind, I picked up a few items to try. In addition to being already good prices, Walgreens had a buy 1, get 1 half off deal for certain cosmetic brands if you used your Walgreens Reward Card, so it was an easy decision to buy a few more items.


Megaglo All-In-One Multi-Stick in Light Up My High-Biscus: $3.99

I was a little hesitant to try this because I wasn’t sure exactly how I would use it, and if I would like the creamy texture. The sign said that it could be used on eyes, lips, face, and body, which felt a bit extreme. I was interested in trying it though, and loved the lovely flower packaging. The color was warm and peachy. They also had a lighter color (Marigold Round) and an even more orange-like shade(Carnational Anthem), which might be nice for cheeks, but I don’t think they would be great colors for eyes/lips, etc. on my skin.

So far I have only tried this stick on my eyelids and cheeks, and for both I was happy. I used an eye shadow primer before adding to my eyes, and I felt like it lasted nicely throughout the day with little cracking. I don’t particularly like cream shadows, but this worked better than I thought. It took a bit of time to build (I rubbed the top of the stick with a clean finger and then rubbed it onto my eyelids instead of putting the stick directly on), but once the color was there, it looked really pretty. 

For the cheeks, it added a nice soft pop of color. This stick seems really great for days where you don’t have much time, or just want a little bit of something on. I haven’t been using this every day, so I don’t know if I would necessarily buy something like this again once I am out of this (I’m sure it will last quite a while), but I do like it. I have not tried it on my lips or any other body parts, but it might be nice to add a bit on your shoulders, for a bit of shine, whenever I wear a tank top this summer. Additionally, the plastic on the packaging seems like it could crack very easily over time, but I did drop it on the floor the other day and it shockingly did not break!






Megaglo Highlighting Powder in Crown of My Canopy: $3.99

This was the item I was most excited about. I quite like highlighters, but have found it hard to find one with a nice texture, while also being affordable. I currently have a baked highlighter from E.L.F (in Moonlight Pearls), which was a nice price, but is quite hard to get much color onto a brush. I have to firmly use my finger, or rub the product directly onto my cheek, to get the color to rub off, which is a bit of a nuisance. It also takes work to blend it at all.

This highlighter is much better, and I was so happy to be able to use my brush to easily get the color onto my cheeks. Out of all the items I picked up, I would most likely get this one again. The peach color almost acts like a blush/bronzer on my light skin tone, which makes this nice for daily use. The color is quite similar to the multi-stick I also bought. There was one more shade, in a traditional light pearl highlighter shade (Precious Petals), but the day I was at Walgreens they were sold out. I want to try to find that shade while the collection is still available. If the formula is like this color, it looks like it would give a perfect natural looking glow.






Coloricon Metallic Liquid Lipstick in My Tulips Are Sealed: $2.99

I wouldn’t necessarily say this was quite a lipstick, it did feel more like a gloss (even when it dried). I personally preferred that though, since lipsticks can be so drying, and this felt nice on the lips. The color was a really fun pink/peach mix, and there is a definite bold metallic look to it. It didn’t take much on the brush to get a color pay off. The brush had a curve in it, which made it easy to glide onto the lips. I was pleased with the formula, my lips never felt cracked and there was enough moisture that they felt hydrated. Even though it wasn’t drying like a lipstick, it did have more lasting power than a gloss, which is a big plus! There were five other colors available, but this shade was the most “neutral” for me, since the others were very bold.






Megalast Salon Nail Color in Leaf Me Be, Wild Wild Violet, and Poppy Culture: $1.99 each

I first only bought the green (Leaf Me Be), but went back and bought the purple (Wild Wild Violet) and red (Poppy Culture). There was also a bright pink color (Cherry Blossom On Top), but I have had many pinks over the years and didn’t think I needed to try another. The three colors I chose were just too pretty to pass up! I love the bright colors for the warmer weather and thought they would be perfect shades for adding some glitter polish on top. 

I had never had a Wet n Wild nail polish, so I was curious what the quality would be, considering with the low price. I tried the green first and was pleasantly surprised. I found the brush to be nice and of higher quality than other cheap polishes. Although the formula was more translucent than I thought it would be, the finished nail was a really nice glaze of color. Because of the translucent formula though, it did take me three coats to truly cover the nail. It dried fast though, and was very smooth. I then finished it off with a clear top coat. I should have used a base coat though, because the green stained my nail a sickly yellow color when I took it off, but I was still impressed with the formula and color. Since I don’t often buy nail polishes, and don’t buy the more expensive brands, I really think these nail polishes will be in constant rotation for me this summer! 







Here are some additional photos of the makeup on:







Bonus Item: 

Carmex Click-Stick in Lime Twist: $1.59
I had never seen a Carmex Lime Twist in person, but had read that it was available. Carmex has truly been a lifesaver for me ever since I was a young girl. When I was little, I would bite my lips a lot and they would always be red, even forming a red line underneath my bottom lip. My mom brought me home a jar of Carmex and I have been using it ever since. I truly use it every day of my life, and it is the only beauty item that I always re-purchase. I always have an original tube nearby, and keep one on my nightstand at all times, but don’t often get the click-sticks. The lime flavor was hard to pass up though and I wanted to see what it was like. In my past experience, the click-sticks can be a little tricky because the formula is so smooth and creamy, that it easily smears a bit much and doesn’t keep its shape in the tube. Since using this, I still agree that you have to be gentle when putting it on, but it is so nice and soothing. The lime isn’t incredibly strong (unlike a Sun Bum lip balm I recently bought), but the scent is there, which creates a nice change from the normal formula smell. I would repurchase this for sure!





After the success of these Wet n Wild items, I will definitely be on the look out for their next new products!



No comments:

Post a Comment