Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day Tissue Paper Wrapping and Flowers



Today, I wanted to share a few things I have been working on to get ready for Mother’s Day. Both involve tissue paper that I bought at the Target dollar section for $3, and left over pom poms from my pom pom sweatshirt project. 




Wrapping: 

Instead of using wrapping paper for a few gifts I bought my mom, I used the tissue paper to wrap them. I had to stack about three layers of paper and for the largest gift, I had to make the tissue paper bigger by taping together a few pieces. I chose a different color tissue paper for each gift, which added some contrast. Once wrapped, I then bundled the packages with twine, wrapping it around like a ribbon. Finally, I glued different sized blue pom poms on top of the twine, which added a bit of fun and more color.







Flowers:

Using more of the tissue paper, I put together a few flowers for decorating purposes. 

1. First, I took four sheets of tissue paper and stacked them on top of each other. Keeping the four sheets together, I then cut the sheets of tissue paper in half, and then half again, creating four squares. 




2. Now with four piles, I folded each square pile into an accordion. To do this I started with about an inch length and folded it up. I then I turned the paper around and folded another inch up. I repeated this process until it reached the end and then repeated the same process on the other four squares of tissue paper.






3. With the tissue paper folded, I cut the ends of each side of the paper into a pointed edge. Once cut, I took some twine and tied a knot around the center of the paper. 




4. To make it easier to spread out the flower, I cut a few slits in the folded creases. With the knot secure, I opened the flower to see how it looked so far.




5. I wanted to secure the flower together, so on the open ends of the flower, I used a glue stick and folded them together to attach. 




6 .With the flower now connected, I cut slits all around the petals of flower. Then I crinkled, crunched, and moved the paper around to create a more interesting effect. I made sure to separate the four layers of paper to really get texture. 





7. Finally, with the petals all ruffled, I glued a blue pom pom onto the center to match my wrapped gifts. Now the flowers are perfect to decorate the table on Mother’s Day!




Here is the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment